One8 Freight, LLC (“ONE8”), and affiliated brands, is firmly committed to protecting your privacy and data while visiting our website driveone8.com (our “Website”) and using our services. The policy below provides details on the information we collect, our use of that information and our data security practices. Information collected by ONE8 is used only for internal business purposes. ONE8 does not, nor do we plan to, sell any information collected through our website. Further, ONE8 does not plan to divulge information to any party other than ONE8 affiliates, service providers and other third parties we use to help run our business.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.kandlfreight.com and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Generally, you can visit ONE8 on the Internet without revealing any information about yourself. Our Web servers collect visitor domain names, not e-mail addresses or other personally identifiable information. This information is compiled to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, and similar information. We use this information to measure the use of our site and to improve user experience.
ONE8 may also collect your location information, including your current latitude and longitude, when you access our website. We collect this information to personalize the content and functionality of the site and help us understand how and where visitors are using our content and applications.
Additional information may be requested and collected to the extent you use our website, online tools, or otherwise interact with us as a part of your business relationship with ONE8. This information is necessary for ONE8 to provide the services that you request and is used to respond to your inquiry, process your request, or validate authorization to grant access to specific account information. The amount of personal information you disclose to ONE8 is at your discretion. The types of information we may collect is described below.
The types of information that we collect include, but are not limited to:
• Basic information such as user names, IP addresses, browser capabilities, and browsing history.
• Device information such as device type, operating system, location, and time of access information.
• Marketing information such as business contact information and other analytics.
• Registration information such as names, addresses, phone number and other contact information.
• Transaction information such as transaction and customer numbers, shipping information, rates, contracts, and payment information.
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
• Performing transactions and responding to your requests, including providing customer service and addressing inquiries.
• Making our Website more intuitive and easy to use.
• Improving our services, including performing analysis and research and development.
• Protecting the security and effective functioning of our Website and information technology systems.
• Providing relevant communications about ONE8 services, to the extent we have obtained your consent.
• Addressing our compliance and legal obligations.
• Screening and selecting applicants for employment.
• Employment purposes
We may share information collected with our affiliates, service providers, and other third parties we use to help run our business – such as vendors or website hosts.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our website, online tools, or other methods as a part of your business relationship with ONE8.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
You may have rights under certain privacy and data protection laws such as the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). ONE8 is committed to protecting your data privacy and has provided the following information about your rights and how to exercise your rights:
Disclosure of Personal Information We Collect About You
• You have the right to know: o The categories of personal information we have collected about you; o The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
o Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, if any;
o The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, if any; and
o The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
• Please note that we are not required to:
o Retain any personal information about you that was collected for a single onetime transaction if, in the ordinary course of business, that information about you is not retained;
o Reidentify or otherwise link any data that, in the ordinary course of business, is not maintained in a manner that would be considered personal information; or
o Provide the personal information to you more than twice in a 12-month period.
Disclosure of Personal Information Sold or Used for a Business Use
• In connection with any personal information we may sell or disclose to a third party for a business use, you have the right to know:
o The categories of personal information about you that we sold or disclosed and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed; and
o The categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed about you for a business use.
Right to Deletion
• Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
o Delete your personal information from our records; and
o Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
• Please note that we may not delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
o Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a service requested by you, oy reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
o Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
o Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
o Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
o Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act or other similar laws;
o Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
o Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
o Comply with an existing legal obligation; or o Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information. Protection Against Discrimination
• You have the right to not be discriminated against by us because you exercised any of your rights under laws such as the CCPA or other data privacy laws. This means we cannot, based solely upon your elections regarding personal information:
o Deny goods or services to you;
o Charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
o Provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or
o Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
• Please note that personal information may be required as necessary to provide a rate and perform transportation or other services.
• Call us at 1-630-607-1501; or
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Verifying Your Identity
If you choose to contact us directly by email or phone, you will need to provide us with:
• Information to identify you including:
o Your full name;
o Address; o Email;
o Phone number; and
o Customer or matter reference number (if applicable).
• A description of what right you want to exercise (such as disclosure or deletion of rights) and the information to which your request relates. We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
Any personal information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with your request will be used solely for the purposes of the verification.
Employee, Contractor and Applicant Privacy Issues
Employees, contractors and applicants are informed about our privacy and security practices through internal company notifications.
Third Party Links
We also link to a number of third-party external sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of the external site company, its website, or the products and services it promotes or sells. We are not responsible or liable for the independent privacy policies of these third-party sites. You should consult the privacy policies at these sites to determine how your information may be used.
Effective Date: August 23, 2022
Last Revised: August 23, 2022